Friday, July 24, 2009

VINTAGE JEWELRY WITH CHUNKY STONES--HOW I SPENT MY FREE TIME

I am an avid collector of vintage jewelry. I like to take apart stands of vintage beads and reuse them in all sorts of other creations. I spent some of my free time the last couple of days creating these necklaces and earrings. Let me know if you see anything you like.

Below, I combined some of my chunky stones with various vintage beads:

Here's a close-up of the "blue" set that I combined with vintage seam binding tape:

And I only had a few of these unique green/teal beads, so I thought a pair of earrings would be nice:

Thanks for looking and I'd love to read your comments.

4 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Very pretty! A bead show here this weekend & my daughter is hinting around that I should go, but I already have a lot of supplies I need to work on instead of buying more. Have a great weekend.
Glenda

Crazy Bird said...

Your jewellery is very pretty!! Is there no end to your talents?

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Me again.:) I went to the bead show and bought a few things, but it was so hot in there (a/c must not have been working up to par) and crowded, I did not stay long.

Embellished Bayou said...

I love the blue set! The color is gorgeous! (sorry for the late comment, I'm just now catching up on everyone's posts from last week).