Friday, June 26, 2009

VINTAGE SASHEEN STAR BOW MAKER REVISITED

One of my very first blog posts, back in March, was about this wonderful vintage bow maker that I had just acquired. I finally got the chance to video it in action!
Here's the history (taken from my first post):

So I love to go to garage sales and estate sales. It must be hereditary--my older brother has the same affliction. I recently spent WAYYY too much money at an estate sale that had 1000s of pieces of vintage costume jewelry (another of my passions), and also picked up this amazing machine on the last day of the sale for a mere $25--including several rolls of ribbon.

It sat on my kitchen table for a few days, but I finally had to move it so that I could get other things done. You see, it kept drawing me in--back to make another bow--using a different color of ribbon, or just trying a different size of bow.


And here's is a super short video of the process:

5 comments:

Crazy Bird said...

Thank you for doing this video Suzanne! I still can't get my Bow Tyer to work and can't get any instructions for it. I know it must be easy to use if only I knew how!!!

EMBELLISH said...

I love the collar on your pug. What a clever idea. I love to watch creative people!

zakkalife said...

I've never seen one of these bow makers before. Thanks for sharing the video so I could see how it works. I'll now be on the lookout for one these when I'm thrifting.

jessica

daddysbabyg said...

Hello!I have several different types of these machines that all work well.I am now into finding as many different sasheen ribbon colors as I can.Can you help finding an old color chart for the ribbon colors or any other info to direct me?THX so very much!!!

Suzanne in TX said...

@daddysbabyg I sold this gadget many years ago and have not seen any supplies locally. I would say to search online via Ebay and Etsy. Good luck! Suzanne in TX